Sunday, August 4, 2013

2:30 a.m.!

It's 2:30 a.m.!

Only six more hours to go until this year's Blogathon comes to a close. I'm slightly curious if poor Ethan will be up for the morning before I even finish and what he will think of his crazy mama, still parked on the couch where he left me when he went to sleep. Since it's late and I'm all sentimental and delirious, can we talk about what a big boy he is now? He's mostly shed his naps entirely, give or take if we have a super busy and active day where he just crashes in the afternoon for a little while. Bedtime is easier than it's been for most of his life now that he's a big boy in his big boy bed, and it's adorable when he wakes up in the morning toting his Scout doggie under one arm and his beloved "baby boy" (as he calls him) under the other arm. His first words each morning are usually pointing out the presence of his toy friends and wanting us to congratulate them on sleeping through the night in a big boy bed. Always his dog and baby boy first, himself second. He is such a sweet little boy -- no longer a baby, though when I call him a big boy he's quick to point out he'll always be mommy's baby. If there's something I want him to always know, it's that.

And how while one person can't save the world, they can help make a difference -- in someone's life, like all of YOU GUYS have done during this Blogathon. I'm so elated over how well this year is going -- all thanks to YOU, and my sweet little dude snoozing soundly in his big boy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment